Re: Midget doesn't seem to like to cold

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Midget doesn't seem to like to cold
From: "David Riker" <davidr@sunset.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 22:10:36 -0800
Cc: "Spridget Mail List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Charles:
I just had a 72 month battery die.  Took it to get the pro-rated price on a
replacement, as it was only 40 months old.  Turns out that they base the
pro-rated amount on the suggested retail price (which nobody charges).  When
I asked how much credit would be applied to my new battery, they answered,
$4.  I asked the guy what would have happened if it had failed at say 60
months. He said I would get nothing.  Turns out this is standard for battery
warrantees.  Moral of the story, is that it would have cost $42 to replace
the battery after the partial refund.  I politely declined, went to
Wal-Mart, and paid $29 for a Group 56, 60 Month battery.  Tip: it is easier
to unbolt the hood and remove the battery than it is to try and work it out
over the heater box.
David Riker
74 Midget
78 Midget