Re: More Electrical

To: Rick Fisk <rickfisk@concentric.net>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: More Electrical
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 11:06:48 -0700
No that's not it. I have that on my '75 and it's a completely different
set-up. It's interconnected with the speedo cable. This mystery device
seems to appear on certain '77 models. Others, including mine, don't even
have the captive nuts (on the firewall). Is it possible this is the time
delay cutoff for the ignition/seatbelt buzzer. Was it moved to the other
side of the firewall for some reason? Seems unlikely, but those oof you
with the '77's in question... do you have this buzzer under the dash above
the steering column?

Gerard

At 1:43 PM -0400 4/5/00, Rick Fisk wrote:
>Didn't some of the later model Midgets have a "Service Interval Indicator"
>that
>turned on a light when it was time to replace the catalytic converter?  Maybe
>this is what the mystery box "thing" is.
>
>Years ago I had a '75 Fiat X1/9 that had a gizmo that counted miles and turned
>on a big red light on the dash every 50,000 miles.  You were supposed to
>replace the cat at this time and the light could only be reset by a
>"qualified"
>technician - LOL.
>
>Rick
>'59 Sprite
>

>"Paul A. Asgeirsson" wrote:
>
>> OK, OK,
>>
>> I think I just found out what this "thing" is and why it's there.
>>
>> These cars were the earliest recipients of an introductory computer chip
>> imbedded someplace under the dash........(snip)

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A