RE: Crank & axle ID help

To: Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM
Subject: RE: Crank & axle ID help
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 16:05:41 -0700 charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Bryan,
Was that you (rdbh@aol.com) who out bid me, while I was stuck in traffic,
for that set of "EN17 EOBTA 806" Axels on Ebay yesterday?
At any rate... the seller said they were out of a 77 midget.

And as long as we're on the subject of axels... I remember hearing that
there was an early run of spridget axels that were no good or there was a
cutoff year when they started using a better grade of steel. Does anyone
know which axels are the ones NOT to use?
Thanks,

-Drew in San Jose