Re: Converting a UK Frogeye to USA Bugeye

To: Jack Knopinski <JKnopins@co.jefferson.co.us>
Subject: Re: Converting a UK Frogeye to USA Bugeye
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:55:10 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, Robert.Latham@central.sun.com
A comment or two FWIW.

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 09:53:10AM -0700, Jack Knopinski profoundly declared:
> I live in the Denver Metro area and suggest the following:
> 1.  Assuming you will be keeping your Frogeye, get the 5 yr. "collector car"
>plates.  No cost savings, but no renewal hassle each year.  I do not attach
>front plates on my classics and have never been stopped for this.  It may help
>to have the collector plates if you try this.

Trish, has gotten the no front plate ticket on her Bugeye.

> 2.  Emission tests are only required for cars after 1960.  I can't remember
>if 1960 itself needs testing, if so, even more reason for 5 year plates; only
>one test every 5 years.

1960 cars will require the emissions still, same source as above.

> 3.  Carb needles probably will not need changing, just tune the carbs for
>this altitude.  If proper adjustment can not be achieved, then use one step
>leaner needles.

True, see above source.

--
James Nazarian Jr
71 MGB roadster

A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have
   evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.