Re: Future M@ss restoration frustrations

To: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>, spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Future M@ss restoration frustrations
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 06:33:04 -0700 (PDT)
--- Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>
wrote:
> I know next to nothing abut Miatas.  What do they
> have in them for a power
> train,

1.8 L DOHC 155 HP 4 banger with variable valve timing
(although for North America the engine dyno's at 142
HP, for which Mazda was nice enough to give the owners
a $500 refund).  Looks almost exactly like an old Alfa
twin cam engine, minus the carbs.  Distributor-less
direct ignition.  Rev limiter at 7200.  Might fit in a
Spridget, but sometimes I'm more tempted to stick a
1275 in the Miata, it sure sounds meaner.  There is
someone on our Spridget list getting near 300 HP out
of the Miata engine.  It's a way over built engine,
with a lot of room for power growth, early crankshaft
and 1999 thrust bearing issues aside (see? More
LBC-like than you'd think).

Now if we could get PA to come up with a Miata 6 speed conversion...

=====
Ron Soave

The optimist says the glass is half full.
The pessimist says the glass is half empty.
The engineer says the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
The British car owner says it's leaking.
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/