Re: Future M@ss restoration frustrations

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: Future M@ss restoration frustrations
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:52:45 -0400
Cc: soavero@yahoo.com, RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/16/01 9:34:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> soavero@yahoo.com writes:
>
> > 1.8 L DOHC 155 HP 4 banger with variable valve timing
> >
> - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> Early models had a 1.6L.  I guess it was underpowered.

  My wife has a 1.6L miata. It's certainly not a muscle car
but it's pretty darn nippy. (Sure it's barely bigger
in displacement than a spridget, but it's DOHC, EFI,
etc. etc.)

  If you are happy with spridget power, generally you would be
elated with 1.6L miata power.

  Actually the Miata is so British, the above statement
should really be extended.

  If someone likes LBCs and they say they don't like the
Miata, more than likely they are just being a pompous
windbag.

  It doesn't give the same amount of wrench time, but
other than that it's everything our LBCs could have
and perhaps should have been.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca