Re: Future M@ss restoration frustrations

To: GreenBugeye@aol.com, RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Future M@ss restoration frustrations
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 09:47:54 -0700 (PDT)
--- GreenBugeye@aol.com wrote:
> thing was revved.  I tend to
> think that the cars are still fairly weak in the
> structural department, but
> have no personal experience in this.  Anyone know
> more or hear anything?

Actually my understanding is that something like
18,000 finite element nodes were used in the design,
making it the most analyzed chassis in history.  It's
no boxster, but I am told it is much stiffer than a
Z3.  A powerplant frame is used, that is a long
lattice that physically couples the tranny to the rear
end to eliminate driveline roping.  There are torsion
bars both in the cockpit bracing and also strut tower
bracing.  All in all, a nice little chassis for a 2350
lb ragtop.
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/