Re: Future M@ss restoration frustrations

To: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Future M@ss restoration frustrations
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 09:20:03 -0700
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I talked to a salesman the other night when I stopped to look at a British
Racing
Green Special Edition Miata at a local dealer.  The car has a 1.8 liter engine.
The car weighs 2400 pounds!  The salesman said there is a HUGE after market for
these cars and you can get turbos, cold air intakes and all kind of engine mods
that are approved by the factory when you buy your new Miata.  There is a
company
here in California much like Toyota's TRD division that will take a stock Miata
and tweak the sh*t out of it.  There is even a company doing Ford 302
conversions
on Miatas.  I must say that the car looked real nice with the Nardi steering
wheel and gear shift knob and leather interior.  Oh yeah, they no longer have
the
speakers in the seat backs.  The Bose system speakers are now all in the door.
These cars are going through the same thing the British cars did when they came
out.  Clubs are forming with fun runs and meets. A huge after market to
"improve"
the car.  I was seriously considering buying the car until I looked at the
sticker.  I may just wait for the Mini Cooper to reach America and wait some
more
for the greedy dealers to sell them without the premium they add over the
sticker
just because they can get it.
Mike MacLean Supercharged 60 Sprite