Re: Welder choice

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Welder choice
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 22:44:41 -0400
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Frank Clarici wrote:
> Lincoln spools of welding wire do NOT fit their POS welders.

   I hate to destroy a Frank rant with a logical answer, but when I went
to buy replacement spools for my (seemingly acceptable) Lincoln, the
welding shop guy handed me a full size Lincoln spool and a $5 little
spool adaptor and that was it. I've been using large Lincoln spools since.

   Anyways, my local welding store sells the same machine, but I confess
I bought it at a superstore (Canadian Tire) because it was a lot
cheaper. So "going to a welding store" isn't going to change a lot
unless you really up the budget. You'll see the same machines.

   I've been fine with mine, but I haven't dropped it. I just attached
it to a cart and roll it around. If that cart tips, I'll be worrying
about the gas bottle, not the welder. ;>

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca