Re: Welder choice

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Welder choice
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 23:16:13 -0400
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Trevor Boicey wrote:

>   I hate to destroy a Frank rant with a logical answer, but when I went
> to buy replacement spools for my (seemingly acceptable) Lincoln, the
> welding shop guy handed me a full size Lincoln spool and a $5 little
> spool adaptor and that was it. I've been using large Lincoln spools since.

Well my Lincoln 10 lb spool of wire on the little adaptor does nothing
but jam up in my lincoln welder. And it was on a cart, and it did have a
bottle and I smashed the POS on the garage floor because I was sick of
it always acting up from day one.
The original little spool of wire was such a piss poor engineered
cluster f--k  I had to wire the keeper nut so it didn't self tighten as
the spool unwound.
I guess I just expect something to function as it was designed to
without having to improve right out of the box.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ