Re: License plates

To: <b-evans@earthlink.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: License plates
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:56:33 -0700
> If your vehicle was not factory equipped with an
> outside mirror, you are not required to have one.
They forced me to put one on my Hudson Hornet in 1976.  The car was parked
on the street, and the CHP officer parked in front of my work and waited
almost an hour for me to come out so he could give me a ticket.  He must
have felt it was an important safety issue.
> cop could not stop you for
> "looking suspicious"..... follow you until you commit some.... violation
Or they can just make something up if they don't like your car.
They had a thing for the Hornet. I never figured out why.
I could burn out in front of them in my other car and they wouldn't put down
their coffee, but they always wanted to search the Hudson for guns.
BZ