Re: A Certain unfortunate irony

To: "Jim Rogers" <jarplanner@cox.net>
Subject: Re: A Certain unfortunate irony
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 14:00:02 -0500
I haven't been back to England since 1992, but I lived there from 1965
through 1970. I never had any problem with a RHD car insofar as
shifting was concerned. The worst problem I had was driving in England
in my LHD car. Normal driving wasn't a great problem, but reversing
out into a traffic lane was a real difficult thing to do. Think about
it. In a LHD car you reverse into a traffic lane and then change to
first and drive off. Over here, that's pretty simple. Now change the
direction of travel in the traffic lanes. Which one do you reverse
into? And its all backwards in your vehicle too!  I came very near to
a couple of prangs that way...  ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City
--