Re: Part #710. Not politically correct. Some automotive

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Part #710. Not politically correct. Some automotive
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 10:37:53 -0500
If I may blow my own horn, I have a nearly perfect record concerning
this object.
With remarkable frequency customers come to our store to buy one as
theirs is missing. It usually occurs after they've changed or added.
I almost always find them someplace in the engine compartment. It
started 15 years ago when a belligerent potential customer had been
to "every parts store in the effing town and nobody has one. Parts
people are stupid idiots."  I love my job so much, I thought I'd
maybe try to match one for him.."let me look at the engine." "You
wont be able to, the last 2 places tried that too"  "I have some
stuff others don't" "Go ahead" he says. I went out and looked with
him grumbling the whole time. I say, "I think I can help you out."
"How much is THIS going to cost?"  I love this guy and say 15 bucks.
That got him going. I held my ground. He was getting pisseder and
pisseder. Gave me 15 bucks, I reached behind his battery and gave him
what he needed.
         He probably spent another 15 bucks in rubber.
Peter C
======