Re: Part #710. Not politically correct. Some automotive

To: b-evans@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Part #710. Not politically correct. Some automotive
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 18:02:21 -0500
It wasn't about price. It was about his head, and where it was.
A guy yesterday with same situation 98 Civic. The 710 cap was leaning
between the radiator petcock and the chassis rail. Nice guy.I showed
him where it was, and gave him a rag for the engine bay.

Then there was the father and son yesterday. Father had called to buy
a kingpin reamer for his B. I had never heard or seen the guy before.
Lives an hour away. I told him we had one in our shop, and I would be
happy to ream his bushes for a minimal charge. He showed up with his
son, about 16, and 2 stub axles with bushings already inserted. Turns
out the kid was doing the work, and learning. I looked at the
bushings and noting they weren't real round, offered that he could
use our shop and reamer. I then told him that when you install
bushings you want a mandrel to hold the ID. He had used a vise. It
took the kid 15 minutes to grind his way through the first one....
even after I deburred it for him. Second one a little less. He's
smarter now...., and a whole lot stronger!   Too good to watch. No charge.

         Peter C.
=====