Re: Part #710. Not politically correct. Some automotive

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Part #710. Not politically correct. Some automotive
From: type79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 13:27:40 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Needed a Battery for the '74 Midget. They made 'em until 1980, so I figure this
shouldn't be too bad a trip to Auto Twilight Zone. (Sears still lists them)
Looks through the manuals, Nope. Gots to bring in the battery. Head down to the
local Napa locally owned and operated. Gordon asks what I need, tell him, knows
what I'm looking for, takes him about 10 minutes looking through older books
etc, never asking another question, let alone a stupid one, and he finally
plops one on the counter.

BTW, twice before I've gone to the Auto Twlight Zone for replacement batteries.
Twice they told me if the battery's bad, it gets replaced under warranty, twice
they tell me the batteries are fine, twice the batteries were actually bad and
I bought them elsewhere.

You should go for parts for an Innocenti when they ask for the car info! I try
to be polite and tell them they won't recognize the name or have a listing that
was. Often, it doesn't help to tell them it's the same as Midget, or a Sprite,
either.

Last week I was gassing up the Innocenti when a guy walking by stops and ooo's
and ah's over the car. He tells me he has an MG he is restoring. I ask if it's
a Midget or a B and he responds: "A "B". Midgets aren't real cars". Then he
asks what model Fiat my car is. I tell him it's an Innocenti, an Italian
Midget! He still liked the car though.

But it's no better with the new MINI.
Q What kind of car is that?
A It's a MINI.