Re: Part #710. Not politically correct. Some automotive

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: Re: Part #710. Not politically correct. Some automotive
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 09:05:30 -0700
I love it!  Whenever someone would demand my  "best price" on a piece of
painted furniture Pam had labored over, I would double the sales tag
price.  When one guy began to scream, "I want your BEST price," I just
told him that it was a helluvalot better for us than our initial price.
On principle, I would then refuse to lower that doubled price to that
particular person!   One guy even finally coughed up the new $400 price
on the beautiful pine settle I had made and Pam had painted.  I just
have to wonder sometimes why some people have to try and chisel down a
fair and honest price.

Buster Evans