Re: Electronic ignition question

To: "derf" <derf247@gmail.com>, "Jacques Le Clainche"
Subject: Re: Electronic ignition question
From: "Paul Asgeirsson" <PAsgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 16:19:42 -0800
A crank trigger gives you zero advance curve.  It's always the same.  That
said, all the Coventry Climax race engines had crank triggers.  They found
that on most race engines, timing wasn't terribly critical.  Varied the HP
hardly at all.  After doing extensive dyno time with them, they settled on a
degree point of which I don't recall.  Can look it up if needed.

Paul A