RE: 76 Midget trade on craigslist CT

To: <cciaffone@verizon.net>
Subject: RE: 76 Midget trade on craigslist CT
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:18:38 -0500
I'm not at all surprised.  Those Type 2s ("buses") are rated at slightly
more than a 1 ton load capacity; depending on what equipment it carries
(seats, camper or cargo van).  They really are built stoutly.
Too bad VW of America had it's corporate head stuck deep up it's rectum,
by 1980, or they could have OWNED the "mini-van" boom of the 80s & 90s.
They had far, far more useable space than any of the domestics, and were
way more comfortable and reliable.  Unfortunately, VWofA chose to price
them uncompetitively and not offer more power, such as VW of South
Africa's Vanagon's 2.25 liter 5 cyl).  To make matters worse,
replacement parts were priced far above ridiculous levels (typical VW
forced obsolescence).
Bud Osbourne
(2 Vanagons and a "bay window" panel van sitting in my garage)