Re: 76 Midget trade on craigslist CT

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 76 Midget trade on craigslist CT
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:53:29 -0700
I got one the first model year and spent 10 years, 200K miles and two
engines learning to hate it.  The EI failed on the way through Vegas on our
honeymoon.  Not cheap.  It would never start after a hot run up the central
valley until it cooled down (solenoid).  The CV joints were a pain.  In the
end, the endless leaks through the front led to corrosion on the fuse block
and a short circuit that burned it to the ground at a mall minutes after my
wife and daughter got out of it.  I realize that I have a mental defect to
keep a car that I hated for 10 years, but there it is.

Glen "never another VW" Byrns

( at least the motor was easy to swap)