Re: 76 Midget trade on craigslist CT

To: Bud Osbourne <abcoz@hky.com>
Subject: Re: 76 Midget trade on craigslist CT
From: chuck <cciaffone@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:59:17 -0500
I jes' gotta say this: After owning and loving a '72 and a '77 VW bus, we
bought an 81 Vanagon. I have NEVER HATED a vehicle more. The build
quality wasn't. Gawd, in less than 30k miles the air flow flap on the
injection broke.
I mean .. this does not support anything..does not bear any load. Yet it
broke.
Had to run a wire cable from the carb air flow unit up thru the tunnel and
into the cab to "simulate" air flow whilst driving the beast to VW to pay a
really exorbitant fee to replace the "replaceable unit." I bought the
unit and
lay on my back, under the car, in their sales lot, bolting the damned thing
in. Guess I was not a really big sales item for VW.