Re: Painted ID plates

To: laifman@flash.net (Steve Laifman)
Subject: Re: Painted ID plates
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 98 7:36:21 PST
> Marc,
>
> I didn't say it was the only way, or even the right way. Just that it WAS the
> law here. Maybe only here, I don't know. I only took issue with someone, who
> does not know, telling everybody that it is NOT the law HERE. That could get
> someone in a lot of trouble. My ONLY point.
>
> Re-read it, and I think you'll see that is all I said (maybe in too many
> words, my fault).
>
> Steve
> --
> Steve Laifman         < One first kiss,       >

I'm pretty sure it's also the law in Oregon.

Actually, what's so illogical about a law forbidding the removal of
VIN/ID/serial numbers from a car?  If a car I was thinking about paying
big buck for had had them removed at one time, I would have second
thoughts about buying, no matter the stated reason.

Roland