Re: I give up

To: SLaifman@SoCal.RR.com
Subject: Re: I give up
From: sosnaenergyconsulting@home.com
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:54:57 -0700
Hi Steve:
So THAT's what background was to my problem!  On the Alpine V-6, I had
the same problem for several months.  Not knowing about this lawsuit, I
tried a number of things while getting used to the engine cutting out on
me at odd times and having to coast to the side of the road.
Finally I'd eliminated everything else and (like you)I bought a
replacement module at Pep Boys for $25.00.  The car has run like a champ
ever since. I also put the module under the dash, so that might have
helped keep it cool--or not.

I had no idea that this was a widespread problem.  Thanks for telling me
about it--but, if the problem is the module, and the fix is available at
a local parts store--is there another reason why these electronic
distributors aren't used on Tigers?  From all that I'm hearing about the
Pertronix unit and the associated tach problems, the "stock"
"re-moduled" ford unit still seems easier to deal with--were there other
problems besides the module?

Regards

David