Re: Restoring a Car or other Vehicle

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>, tigers@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Restoring a Car or other Vehicle
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 19:09:34 -0800 (PST)
"Reconditioned" sounds too much like something you'd find on a used car
lot.. you know, "certified pre-owned." It sure doesn't reflect the
extreme level of detail and quality that went into my car as well as so
many other "resto-mods". How about that.. "Resto-mod". I'm OK with that
since they are the cars bringing in the top dollars at the auctions
nowadays. "Fully restored resto-mod".

The strict originality argument falls down, especially when you
consider the necessity for safety upgrades. Would radial tires
disqualify the cars from being "restored" in your definition? If not,
were do we draw the line?