Re: Restoring a Car or other Vehicle

To: "Stephen Waybright" <gswaybright@yahoo.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Restoring a Car or other Vehicle
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:15:00 -0800
Stephen,
regarding the last comment..."where do you draw the line?" This is exactly
what I was/am curious about. Again, would the multi gazillion dollar
Dusenberg benefit from a safety upgrade to the brakes? Probably, but it
isn't original. I understand the need and have done it myself the need to
make our cars safer to motor around in. But could I call it restored if it
had other than original tires (or is that tyres?). Or anything else for that
matter that did or di not come with the car. Would it be restored if I added
extra tools in the tool pouch? Where is the doggone line anyway? I like
personalized cars anyway.

My old car is pretty much original except for a few items but is in no way
restored or even reconditioned or resto mod. Anfd I do notplan on restoring
it, just curious as to waht restoration means and what shold or should not
be included in the term. Is there a standard? I am not in the loop anywhere
regards this so I don't have a clue.

mayf, off planet in Pahrump