Re: [Tigers] ebay problem

To: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>,<tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] ebay problem
From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 21:22:34 -0400
At 09:05 PM 9/7/2009, Thomas Witt wrote:

 >Actually I have sold 60-80 items on Ebay. In every instance I have only
 >charged the - actual shipping cost.  I never charged for the box, packaging
 >material, my time, my gas etc..  If there were instances where the estimate
 >was over cost I sent that back to the buyer.  I've delivered items locally
 >to buyers and refunded the full shipping cost Ebay forces them to pay with
 >Paypal.  Why? I'd prefer to treat people the way I would like to be
treated.

 >My post already addressed "reasonable" charges above shipping. In Michael's
 >case he was charged over $14 for a poorly packed item that had a $3
shipping
 >cost.  I don't see the justification of the additional $11.
 >
 >Ebay is full of sellers that sell a $30 item for 99 cents and $28.99
 >shipping. And, shipping is rarely (if ever) refundable.  That rips the tax
 >payer off if the seller is claiming 99 cents worth of sale.  The seller is
 >ripping the buyer off with no practical recourse for a refund.

Plumbers in this area charge $40 an hour.  If I
have to stand in line for half an hour at the
Post Office, why not charge $20 for the privilege?

You, sir, are being grossly unreasonable.  I will
cheerfully pay for proper service.  I am not some
sort of cheapskate gipster who wants to cheat the seller, as you seem to be.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b`s fir gun ghr`s fir!