Re: [Tigers] Oil filter question

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Oil filter question
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 13:47:38 -0800
Tom,

There are a number of shorter filters for the Ford block.  Chrysler used the
standard PH8A but also had a shorter PH43. Unfortunately that is still too
long (as far as I know).  There is also a very stubby filter (used on
Renault's I think). It is only about 1-1/2" tall (sorry I don't recall the
number).  Over the years a lot of Tiger owners use the angle adapter
available from Ford Motorsports (and perhaps others).

If you are inclined to seach around there are other obscure options out
there. As mentioned the Chrysler cars use the same filter type and certain
models had angled filter mounts.  In my case I used and adapter from a big
block Ford van.  It comes out the block at 90 degrees, but also angles
nicely under the frame rail. To some extent its location probably helps to
disipate heat.

tigers@autox.team.net