Re: [Tigers] Oil filter question

To: "CALUMETAIR@aol.com" <CALUMETAIR@aol.com>, "tigers@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Oil filter question
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 19:26:12 -0800 (PST)
I dont like the idea of wrapping the headers,cause my friends Tiger burning
BUT if he had a good fire extungusher, some paint might have fixed mostof the
damage. BUT you can have the headers ceramic coated on the inside which hold
temps down/ Dr Mayf has a family memner in the business- dont know if U get a
discount BUT asking cant hurt- Dr, Mayf doent receive a kick back for
referals. The negative about having headers coated outside or in is they need
to be prefit in case U need to dent them slightly for clearance. I think CAT
club headers where improved with each new order and perhaps Ricks as well. But
I have a beaytiful set that have the ceramic inside and the outside looks
almost like chrome- dont recall the coating but a friend of mine ownsTerrys
Jaguar- the largest Jag mail order parts supplier in the USA if something
hasnt changed plus he builds Jag engines and has for Tiger owner(s). I had
them have my headers coated and it wasnt cheap, I wish I
 had known of Dr. Mayfs connection but even more so, I wish I had prefit them-
if they dont fit one Tiger I will swap to the other and hope they dont need an
adjustment witha ball peen hammer.
Best wishes.
TtT
<CALUMETAIR@aol.com>