Re: [Tigers] Re-veneering the dash

To: Gary Winblad <garywinblad@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Re-veneering the dash
From: Allan Ballard <aballard@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 15:37:59 -0400
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
The mystery deepens :)

I stopped by the re-finisher to see the walnut veneer that he had
selected  to match
what is on the Tiger's dash, from his old stash.

It isn't burled :)

I've not looked closely at many stock Tiger dash's but mine is about 99%
burl free.

He further stated that the grain should be vertical to match, not left
to right.

He mentioned the color shade but I have forgotten the name of it. In his
view it was a relatively
darkish shade of brown.

Then another question arose.

The small piece that joins the dash beneath the steering column - is it
supposed to match the veneer?

Rgds,

Allan Ballard
Mk1a Tiger