Re: [Tigers] Torque Arm under braking force diagram?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Torque Arm under braking force diagram?
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 14:04:14 -0800
Wow, Daniel, that is a lot of thinking. But, basically I think your
reasoning is sound.  If one applies the argument that for every action there
is an equal and opposite reaction, then maybe that which assists in
acceleration traction..., is removed in braking action???  Also, I would
assume the front spindles become the pivot point during braking.  IF (a big
IF..., frankly I don't know) the torque arm attachment is beyond (forward)
the centerpoint of the wheelbase then under braking it might be contributing
to lift the rear of the car.

In every case I think engineers can take the design so far, and then testing
proves that which wasn't calculated with math and physics.  Still others
might not have experienced the ill effect because of the setup on their
suspension is different.

Tom