Re: [Tigers] Torque Arm under braking force diagram?

To: "Teepen, Jere" <jteepen@usatoday.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Torque Arm under braking force diagram?
From: Chris Thompson <chris@cthompson.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 19:03:48 -0500
Cc: Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
I have also had Dan's torque arm on my car for fifteen years or so and
I've never experienced a problem during braking.  I've had the car on
the VIR track several times, where maximum braking is as important as
maximum acceleration.

I don't think there's a thing you can do about preventing problems under
emergency heavy braking during a sharp turn, though, and that shouldn't
be a surprise....

I know what you mean, though, Bob and Gene, about wanting the best. I
would be interested to hear anybody's comparison of Dale's arm and the
Caltrac system.

Chris
B382000331