Re: [Tigers] Torque Arm under braking force diagram?

To: 'Tigers' <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Torque Arm under braking force diagram?
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 17:31:05 -0800 (PST)
Ron,
I think the main variable is the specific design of the torque arm
(geometry, construction and mounting techniques). I assume the production GM
F-body design has many compromises due to cost and packaging. I'd expect a
well engineered aftermarket setup would avoid the performance related concerns
on brake lockup unless it was designed primarily for straight line
applications.

With this in mind, I'd have little concern on how Dan's works,
or my Griggs Racing setup. I will admit that I have yet to risk my Tiger by
pushing hard enough to find the limits, especially since my Spec Miata is so
much ea$ier to replace in a worst case scenario.

Stephen