Re: [Tigers] 1966 MK 1A Exhuast

To: Joel Martin <jmartiniii@yahoo.com> s=q20121106; t=1360710776; bh=XSMW98DnbOY8cEtdUsbZYVJQpz2wkWAFV1/C7VZ3118=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=huFZFLFtAZEn/TiG3EhuFwp2bPdmK89rAmQ0nC9cQ+XZ5yRoFI6JcNi7uZ4AOm0zf aVvCMNpOh8B92MohMM2+dMgK+RwpP5qaZ8iLttv7UEZA1D4KVIALEgFwBtDhlzDCVl d5eET1jCiPXBBlIswEwoXR+LfttEfiFbJ+9kFQaaJSLzmOwP2jV1O4Ct1jPUCft4MY 0FlT1kJHG7KGLQYl78IfjXdypOSF3cpNS5vrFvudIYACuu64NSVHsmL89DositTXnR vDxCGrq3xNYX5scd7ppZq7gRp6aq2FbQMZwdwsfyO1CzjwvnihiZGMRTn5Lq0W4XDB 0Hq5UtPIECckg==
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 1966 MK 1A Exhuast
From: genepadgett@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 23:12:56 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Joel,

I have my original 1.5 inch exhaust tail pipes from my MarkIA sitting in a
corner of the garage (where the wife cannot see them). The tips are chromed
from the welded-on mounting strap back to the tip.

The tips are cut at a 45 degree angle.

The distance from the rear most side of the welded-on mounting strap it 7.5
inches to the bottom edge of the exhaust tip cut. The top distance appears to
be 9 inches, which is what it should be with a 45 degree angle cut on a 1.5
inch pipe.

The welded-on mounting strap is 1 inch wide and of course twisted 90 degrees to
mate up to the body hanger. That would add about 1/2 inch to the lengths
mentioned when measured from those points. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you if
the isolation bobbins were attached in front of or after the body mounting
flanges. That would of course shift the tip forward or rearward by the
thickness of the bobbin when the pipe was mounted to the car.

Hope some of that helps.

Gene