RE: application of emissions decal/label on fender under the

To: <RedTriumphTr6@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: application of emissions decal/label on fender under the
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@directvinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 22:29:58 -0500
Bob,
There's no way to do it, BTDT. If you notice, the original decals had
semi-circles perforated through out the decal and the replacements
don't. A flat piece of material can't lay flat on a curved surface
without cutting it in some way.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U

Do any of you know how to best apply the emissions label which has the
timing
and dwell and idle cam adjustment data and diagrams on the driver side
inside
fender?  I bought one replacement and it did not apply smoothly...far
too
many creases and air bubbles remained..  what did I do wrong?  For the
life
of me I could not press out all the wrinkles when I carefully applied
over
the top of the old label.  This is a dry transfer, not a water based
decal.
       Thanks.      Bob Pierson
74 1/2