Deceleration Bypass Valves

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Deceleration Bypass Valves
From: YeOldEd@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:45:34 EDT
I guess I muat have touched on a forbidden suject!

To my untrained eye, the valve seems to be fully closed when the adjustment
screw is turned fully clockwise. As the screw is turned counterCW, the amount
of available valve travel against the spring increases.

If "floating" means the screw is out of contact with the valve when it is
fully open, then CW adjustment would be required to stop "float". (The
opposite of the info in Haynes and Bentley!)

Bottom line.......I've tried the screws fully in (CW), and at various
settings to 12 turns out (CCW). No effect on the RPM.

The valves, gaskets, springs and screws are in perfect condition.

Help!!!!!

Mike Noad

CC75088L