Re: Differential questions

To: hurls@world.std.com
Subject: Re: Differential questions
From: Btp44@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:10:46 EST
My humble opinion is that the root cause of the diff mount problem is the
inadequate thickness of the frame that the stud is welded to. Weld an approx.
2"X4"X1/4" plate to the top of the frame, make a stud that is approx. 1/2"
longer, drill the plate for the stud and weld it to the plate. This increases
the area of the frame that takes the load. With that done, I don't think it
makes any difference which type of mount is used. Of course this requires
removing the body or cutting a hole in the shelf above the mount.
Berry Price