differential questions

To: "'6pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: differential questions
From: "Steve Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 21:19:25 -0800
Greeting's

I've got to redo my rear suspension this year due to the DPO(s).  They
rebuilt one side with all new parts and left the other side old.  Ah well
that's the fun.  The real question is if I have all of the parts for the
suspension out, including the half shafts. and I was pulling the drive shaft
(for new u-joints).  Does it make sense to go whole hog and drop the diff,
check/reinforce, and put in new support rubber.

I sort of suspect the answer is yes, on the other hand I'm a firm believer
in "if it ain't broke, don't break it"

thanks

Steve
TR6@ck4sw.com