Re: Accelerator shaft bushings

To: "Neil Wehmeyer" <ngwehmeyer@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Accelerator shaft bushings
From: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 23:22:34 -0700
Neil,

Recently this topic came up on the list and someone suggested the following
page:

http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/AccBearing/AccBearing.htm

I bought the bushings from McMaster-Carr and turned them to accept retainer
rings (which I got at the local hardware store) as shown at the above page.
The advice given was very helpful and all worked out fine.

When I went to the hardware store I found they had nylon bushings of the
right size.  They may have been a decent substitute for the metal ones I
used, but I couldn't vouch for the wear characteristics of the nylon so I
feel safer with the metal.  As I understand it, there are better plastics
than nylon to use for bushings, such as Delrin.  Maybe someone on the list
could give you some advice regarding materials so that you might be able to
buy bushings locally, if you wanted to.

Gary
'73