Re: Accelerator shaft bushings

To: ngwehmeyer@attbi.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Accelerator shaft bushings
From: "Todd Bermudez" <red_tr250@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 08:51:12 -0400
Neil,

This was a topic a while back...best method I've heard of is to use a couple
of washers, a socket, a nut & a bolt.  I guess the idea, since I haven't
actually tried it, is to put a washer behind one end(larger).  Run a bolt
through that end & then then use a socket that's larger than the bushing & a
washer on the other side.  Thread the nut on & start tightening.  The idea
is to squeeze the bushing through the hole.  Others have reported that
method works without killing yourself.  I believe you still need to put the
bushing in hot water first & it probably wouldn't hurt to lubricate it
first!

Good luck,

Todd