Re: Accelerator shaft bushings

To: "Neil Wehmeyer" <ngwehmeyer@attbi.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Accelerator shaft bushings
From: "Gregory Dito" <g.dito@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 07:45:42 -0400
Neil,

There may be better ways but I've lightly lubricated them with clean motor
oil or Vaseline and use a fairly blunt decent sized flat screwdriver to push
the flange through the hole. It needs to be done a small section at a time,
kind of like putting a tire on a rim.  If the screwdriver blade is too small
or sharp (as in new) it can pierce the bushing so you have to use just
enough force to get the flange past the other side.

Greg
CD6250L