Re: 3 carb setup and alum flywheel

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 3 carb setup and alum flywheel
From: "Nick Gemas" <gln@worldpath.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 19:48:33 -0500
Don,

Mostly carb selection. I'd go with SU's , not that ZS's are bad but there's
basically no needle selection. I'd also run less spring pressure on the cam
, thereby extending cam life . I'm running a closed pressure of @ 125lbs and
an open "nose" pressure of @ 220 if my memory serves me. With further
research I've done I'm confident that I could cut those pressures down to
more like 90 and 185 and still have no problems at all , especially if your
running a rev limiter set at @ 5800 rpm like I am. On the head I'd rather
spend the porting money on lighter oversized valves especially intakes. For
the money I spent porting I could have gotten much lighter oversized valves
with Titanium retainers, again this would let me run lighter spring
pressures and save wear and tear on the cam, which as you know TR6 cams go
bye, bye fast. I think the tradeoff would put me in the plus. I also screwed
up having my flywheel CAD lightened , I should have just bought an aluminum
one. Roller rockers are another story I'll save for another day.

Thanks Nick