Re: Modified clutch - to be or not to be?

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Modified clutch - to be or not to be?
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:29:52 -0600
At 11:50 AM 1/26/04, Navarrette, Vance wrote:

>So, inputs please? Modify, or not? And have you had problems
>with a new pin without any modifications?

I had a broken pin in m street driven TR6. There is a hardened pin in there
now, and it seems to be holding up okay. This was done before I knew of the
modification.

I have the modification in my vintage race TR4. There is no way the pin
will ever break. I will do this the next time the tranny comes out of the TR6.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58
Highland Park, IL