Re: Modified clutch - to be or not to be?

To: dmallin@attglobal.net (Don Malling)
Subject: Re: Modified clutch - to be or not to be?
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:43:39 -0800 (PST)
Don---Based on my experience with the original pin, if your original
clutch fork pin lasted for 60,000 miles, I'd leave it in there.

What the local Ace Hardware store calls roll pins is those that are
split from end to end down the length. One that is designated as being
1/4" would measure around .260 at its widest diameter. The advantage
here being it would stay tight in a 1/4" drilled hole. You have to
squeeze them with ViseGrips to install them. I did this on another car
about a year ago, so I'll have this to compare to my Allen bolt on my
own car.

The roll pins are hard, but "file-able" so they're not brittle by a long
shot.

I would add either the Allen bolt or the split (roll) pin, along with
your original pin.

Dick