Re: Modified clutch - to be or not to be?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Modified clutch - to be or not to be?
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 07:37:34 -0500
Hi Dick,

I bought a rebuilt OD transmission from John Esposito for my TR250
restoration, so I still have my original cross shaft and pin in my
original trans (60K miles).

Sounds like maybe I should use the old original pin and cross shaft
rather than the TRF replacements?

I think Nelson did not like the idea of the roll pin because they flexed
and would therefore not add much additional strength over the taper pin
-- not much "sharing". Is a hardened roll pin different? Any thoughts
would be appreciated.

Don Malling