Re: TR6 U-Joint Failure

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 U-Joint Failure
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 22:53:43 -0800
List---I was pleasantly surprised to find
the last two u-joints I received from MossMotors were the Spicers. I
guess they use several suppliers, as I didn't specify.   Price was
around $15 ea.

Dick

TR6 U-Joint Failure
We just did all of that for "Rosey", had no problem with the U-Joints, I
don't use any brand but Spicer ... well worth the cost ... however we
found almost every flange to be distorted or worn out!   This was
clearly caused by lack of lubrication (by DPO) given that ... everything
was assembled with Mobil One Grease and the nipples that came with the
Spicers work just fine...
                Steven:
                I am replacing all of my
U joints now as part of my rebuild. The drive shaft was easy, the half
shafts are a B&%$*#.
                I noted that the U
Joints I obtained for the drive shaft were Japanese and were cake to
install. I don't know what the rest are, as they are in a plain white
box, but they are NOT the same manufacturer. I ordered them all from
Moss, BTW.
--
Bill Pugh
1957 TR3 TS16765L