RE: [6pack] Bouncing Speedo

To: "'Robert Liam Gannon'" <trsix74@comcast.net>, "'Bruce Moxon'"
Subject: RE: [6pack] Bouncing Speedo
From: "Stephen Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:06:35 -0700
Bruce,

Robert is spot on about the grease.  In fact if the length issue doesn't fix
the problem look at the lube you used on the cable.

I had problems with both a bouncing speedo and shifting on a GMC van.
Turned out both problems were caused by using to "slick" a lubricant on the
cable.  From what I found it looks like (no proof) that the grease acts as a
"dampener" on the cable from the tranny to the speedo

Steve
'72 TR6
www.kc4sw.com/triumph.htm