Re: [6pack] Bouncing Speedo

To: bamxn@triad.rr.com (Bruce Moxon)
Subject: Re: [6pack] Bouncing Speedo
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:17:03 -0700
Bruce---Sometimes when a bouncing speedo needle persists, it is good to
take the cable and what drives it out of the picture. A length of old
speedo cable cut to about a foot long can test the speedo unit itself.
Chuck the cable up in a drill motor, screw it onto the speedo and spin
it. (I don't recall whether I used a reverisble drill motor or not) A
short length of tubing over the cable will keep it from kinking.
You can do this while your carbs are off!

Dick

From:
bamxn@triad.rr.com(Bruce Moxon)

Bouncing Speedo
I'd like to thank all who responded to my annoying problem. I ground the
speedo end of the cable to get the proper length and also lubricated the
cable with lithium grease and have not elimated, but minimzed the
problem. Will probably tinker more but currently ended up sending my
carbs out to Gary Martin for a rebuild (due to other issues).
Thanks,
Bruce