Re: [6pack] audio power question

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] audio power question
From: "glc / crc" <glccrc@ptd.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 06:08:14 -0500
I'd love to have some pics of how you fitted speakers in. I'm in midst of
obeying the requirement the better half stated upon finding out TR was the
Glen's Marque this Fall, which was simply "Make sure its presentable". That,
my friends, is the sound of a blank check!

Currently wrestling with how to best attack the stereo situation-
Have a Blaupunk that is assumed period/DPO; cassette doesn't work, but then
again, how many of my old cassettes sound good after 10 or 20 years in the
garage?

Since the seats are shot, and they and some other interior work are planned
after Matt gets done with the tranny/mechanicals- I was thinking of just
getting Miata seats with internal speakers, rumor is they're more
comfortable, which would be nice for my wife/funding source. Seat foams and
new covers would be easier than sourcing a pair of Miata seats, of course,
and if they are apart, how tough could it be to cut in speakers to the TR6
original seats and run wires out the bottom (I know, this tempts Murphy)?

Would be nice to rig up an iPod spot, wire to the FM input on back of
existing radio, and I think I'd be set if the situation would ever arise
that I could actually hear the radio or iPod over the headers and Monza
exhaust.....much smaller fit than the other option, a CD changer with
remote.

Any thoughts from those who've conquered this successfully?

Doubt I could avoid the constables for long with the real easy solution,
sound-deadening headphones:) plugged into the iPod.

Thanks in advance,
George Church
70 Tr6