Rx7 TT in Super Stock

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Rx7 TT in Super Stock
From: Doug Miller <drmiller@cyberhighway.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 22:58:28 -0600
howdy,

trying to figure out what to do next year, and am seriously
considering the Mazda Twin Turbo in Super stock.
Seems like a quick car in a quick class, as close to a "spec" car
as is available.

Are there any rumors or known cars coming to SS class that would
make the Rx7 not the best car to have?

I've been told that a 93  R1 gives pretty good value for what I want.
Apparently the 94's have less rattles and are less likely to burn to
the ground, but the 93's cost less and weigh slightly less.
Looking around, I see quite a few advertised in the 15k-18k range,
and some real cream puffs in the 22k range.

Once I buy the car, what are the rest of the expenditures?
Shocks and suspension bushings (stock) are pretty easy to see,
as are a cat back exhaust system and K&N air filter and brake
pads.
What will the above cost?  Recommendations?

Under what circumstances do the catalytic converters get ruined
and need replacement?

Any other suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
Doug Miller