Re: Harnesses

To: "Loren Williams" <Loren@kscable.com>, "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Harnesses
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 22:48:55 -0700
>> I figured that I may be O.K. anyway, since I run w/ the hardtop on,
>> effectively making it a "closed car" - Section 12.6.  Do you think I'm on
>> solid ground here?
>
>In my opinion, you're okay.  But the whole open car rollbar aftermarket
>harness thing a pretty fuzzy area in the rules.  Perhaps a letter
>requesting clarification is in order?
=============================
Nah, just wait 'til Nationals and protest the guy just to get a
clarification and see if it's legal.  ;^)

Oh yeah, and don't let them know the protest is coming.  ;^)

BTW, I'm still waffling on whether or not I wanna put a bolt-in 4 point roll
bar (with harness bar and cross brace) into my car for next year.  It'd be a
great ease to my paranoid peace of mind and would offer me a better place to
attach my harness shoulder belts.  OTOH, I could probably better spend the
money elsewhere, like tires.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Mental wounds not healing
Who and what's to blame
I'm going off the rails on a Crazy Train.
Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne