Re: kumho crack

To: Karl Rickert <alfakarl@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: kumho crack
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 20:59:21 -0500
Karl Rickert wrote:

> Normal? You've got to be kidding! No tread seperation is normal. It's a
> defect if you ask me! If you had the same problem with a set of street tires
> you'd want a replacement right! Well same here!

There was a note recently on team.net about someone seeing a
circumferential crack around their Kum-ho.  I don't know all the details
on this, but this past weekend at a Milwaukee SCCA event, a Kum-ho
apparently came apart along a similar line.  Along the inner sidewall if
I heard correctly, bringing the car to a halt.  (safely thankfully)
Maybe someone who has better information can fill in or correct me.
Personally, I'm buying American.  :)

PLW